Electrical Test & Design Engineer, Mid-Senior
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Title: Electrical Test & Design Engineer, Mid-Senior
Clearance: N/A | Citizenship Requirement: US Citizenship | Req #: 2653 | Salary: Competitive
- 5-7yrs Experience with complex electronics or industrial electric systems, Aerospace industry experience a plus
- Document design, analysis, and test results in technical reports and presentations
- Generate and maintain engineering and manufacturing documentation such as drawings, bills of materials, etc.
- Contribute to specific mission, ground, or space vehicle systems engineering activities. This may include requirements flow down, tracking, verification, and the writing of complex specifications, interface control documents, and engineering reports from advanced studies, special engineering investigations, and similar activities.
- Experience with design and execution of electrical hardware testing, tests include ground resistance and complex functional testing
- Coordinate engineering design packages with systems engineers, mechanical engineers, manufacturing, quality, and program management
- Advanced analyses relating to mission and technical problems may be required.
- Develop test plans for electrical components and assemblies
- Generate verification and validation plans, and work with Integration and Test team to ensure the subsystem meets requirements.
- Understanding of networking equipment basics a plus
- Avionics experience a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes a plus
- Good interpersonal skills as well as the proven ability to communicate with other engineers, groups, and management are essential.
- High level critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Good organizational skills with a detail-oriented mindset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical, systems, or Aerospace Engineering from ABET accredited university plus 7yrs experience in electrical test and design
- Master’s Degree in electrical, systems, or Aerospace Engineering ABET accredited university plus 5yrs experience in electrical testing and designing
- Minimum 2-5 years of direct experience in satellite or spacecraft electrical power system (EPS) design
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
Sidus Space is an EEO Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other non-job-related protected status. All candidates selected will be subject to a security background investigation and must meet all eligibility requirements for access to classified information.