Manufacturing Engineer – Satellite Services
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Title: Manufacturing Engineer - Satellite Services
Clearance: N/A | Citizenship Requirement: US Citizenship | Req #: 2564 | Salary: Competitive
- Oversee the satellite manufacturing lifecycle, from purchasing until its launch.
- Be the main contact point for the manufacturing facility for manufacturing-related issues
- Support for manufacturing issues
- Keep manufacturing docs updated
- Continuous improvement of manufacturing procedures
- Interact with vendors for supply issues
- Design and run experiments at facilities, collect results, and report them appropriately
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience working in a high-tech manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years working with highly integrated systems and interdisciplinary teams (e.g. electronics, software, optics, mechanics, etc.)
- Experience in electronic, electro-optical systems or related fields.
- Planning, tracking and documenting tasks
- Ability to understand and manage discrepancies and tradeoffs by exploring different alternatives and points of view.
- Linux OS, Python, code version control tools (git)
- Flexibility and agility – be comfortable with an ever-changing and fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Communication: excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Initiative: identify improvement opportunities, provide feedback, design solutions.
- Systemic vision: understand the complex architecture of satellites, seek for the system level optimization.
Sidus Space is an EEO Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other non-job-related protected status. All candidates selected will be subject to a security background investigation and must meet all eligibility requirements for access to classified information.