Location: Merritt Island, FL
Title: Recruiting / HR Specialist (Part-Time)
Clearance: N/A | Citizenship Requirement: US Citizenship | Req #: 232 | Salary: Competitive
- Work closely with Recruiting Manager, hiring managers, and People department to determine hiring strategies and timelines. Identify, initiate and/or participate in various efforts to continuously improve the staffing life cycle.
- Work with hiring managers to accurately define position duties and requirements, developing clear job descriptions and effective job postings. Work with hiring managers to identify and implement effective pre-screening techniques for each position.
- Engage in direct and indirect recruiting strategies to increase company exposure, branding, and reputation.
- Identify likely ways to effectively source candidates for difficult-to-fill positions.
recruit well-qualified applicants from a variety of sources including cold calling, sourcing from various Job Boards, User Groups, networking, electronic advertising, internet mining for passive candidates, and occasional career fairs.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for job seekers throughout the recruiting process (communicate job status, answer initial questions, schedule interviews, and coordinate feedback).
- Track, classify, and communicate with new job applicants and enter and update the candidate tracking system.
- Responsible for sourcing, identifying, qualifying, interviewing, and presenting candidates to hiring managers. recruiting at all levels of talent spanning multiple skills
- As appropriate, coordinate phone interviews, testing, practical assessments, on-site interviews, and any required travel.
- At the direction of hiring managers, conduct initial telephone assessments of candidates
- Communicate the company’s value proposition to candidates; Ensure that the candidate will be compatible with our dynamic, fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Support on-boarding and post-hire follow-up for new hires, including developing effective resources and materials.
Perform ad hoc Human Resource generalist work as required. Possible HR roles may include:
- Perform data entry into the HRIS system.
- Help develop and conduct training for new system functions and new staﬀ.
- Collaborate with team members to develop and document an efficient workflow stream and identify system improvements.
- Assist in maintaining personnel files as needed.
- Provide standard and ad-hoc reporting to HR, Beneﬁts, and Payroll, or other internal users.
- Assist HR staﬀ with use of technology including Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Adobe, other Microsoft applications.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience required, ideally in aerospace, or a start-up organization.
- Proﬁcient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Adobe.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and effective communication in formal and informal settings with senior executives, peers, and candidates.
- Possess an established track record of developing strong relationships with potential employees.
- Excellent negotiator with a confidence-inspiring manner, and a keen sense of determination and urgency.
- Possess a strong customer focus when dealing with both hiring managers and candidates.
Sidus Space is an EEO Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other non-job-related protected status. All candidates selected will be subject to a security background investigation and must meet all eligibility requirements for access to classified information.