Sr Electrical Design Engineer/PM
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Title: Sr Electrical Design Engineer/PM
Clearance: N/A | Citizenship Requirement: US Citizenship | Req #: 2639 | Salary: Competitive
- Prepare and manage subsystem architecture and interfaces for the development of a new satellite bus system. A strong hardware background is required.
- Generate requirements, specifications, ICDs, analyses, and test plans. Review documentation, attend reviews, resolve issues, and report results to the customer.
- Document design, analysis, and test results in technical reports and presentations
- Generate and maintain engineering and manufacturing documentation such as drawings, bills of materials, etc.
- Contribute to specific mission, ground, or space vehicle systems engineering activities. This may include requirements flow down, tracking, verification, and the writing of complex specifications, interface control documents, and engineering reports from advanced studies, special engineering investigations, and similar activities.
- Support integration, testing, and operational readiness of spacecraft and payloads.
- Coordinate engineering design packages with systems engineers, mechanical engineers, manufacturing, quality, and program management
- Develop and maintain system budgets (mass, power, data)
- Develop electrical system validation and verification plan
- Define and conceptualize interface & interoperability requirements
- Advanced analyses relating to mission and technical problems may be required.
- Develop test plans for electrical components and assemblies
- Generate verification and validation plans, and work with Integration and Test team to ensure the subsystem meets requirements.
- Oversee spacecraft testing and review test results
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management, and customers.
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering is required plus 15 or more years of related experience. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Minimum 10 years of direct experience in satellite or spacecraft electrical power system (EPS) design.
- Minimum 7 years AutoCAD Electrical experience with schematic and layout design.
- MATLAB/SIMULINK – Experience with SDR design operation connection
- Experience with common spacecraft subsystems: power systems (Solar Arrays, Batteries), electric propulsion system integration, avionics assemblies, harnessing, ADCS elements and placement implications, payload subsystems integration, electro-mechanical subsystem integration, and thermal control systems (heatsinks, MLI, radiators).
- Knowledge of satellite/spacecraft system reliability, contamination control, EMI, space environments (radiation, surface charging, corrosion, etc.), and human factors is also desired.
- Experience developing system and subsystem level acceptance and qualification testing of space flight hardware.
- Familiar with LEO space environments and mitigations.
- Extensive experience with defining, developing and delivering space qualified hardware.
- A solid understanding of all aspects of requirements definition, decomposition, and flow-down, architectural trade studies, architectural and interface definition, hardware specifications, interface control, analyses, and verification.
- Experience with electrical system assembly for prototyping and integration.
- High quality written and oral presentation skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills as well as the proven ability to communicate with other engineers, groups, and management are essential.
- High level critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Good organizational skills with a detail-oriented mindset.
- Support proposals and help explore new business opportunities that capitalize on Sidus Space’s strengths
- Candidate may be called on to assist in new business activities such as conceptual design and analysis for proposals and funded studies and may include authoring sections for both.
Sidus Space is an EEO Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other non-job-related protected status. All candidates selected will be subject to a security background investigation and must meet all eligibility requirements for access to classified information.